I still remember the summer I decided to visit the Oregon coast. I meticulously planned out every tiny detail, packed as if my life depended on it, and boarded my trusty RV.
Little did I know that no amount of planning would ever prepare me for what was about to happen. The idea was to stay for a night or two, but I was still there a week later with no plans to head back soon. This shows the charm of the Oregon coast.
The Oregon coast makes you lose track of time, precisely what happened to me. With each RV park I stopped at, I discovered something unique I couldn’t wait to share with you.
Once you get there, all the planning goes out of the window. You are entranced by the sheer beauty of the misty sea and the unspoiled wilderness unfolding in every direction.
In this article, we’ll explore the unrivaled charm of RV camping on the Oregon coast and look at some of the unique features and amenities of top RV parks.
We will also explore why some RV parks have become favorites among camping enthusiasts. Stay right to the end to get insider tips on making the most of your visit. So, let’s dive right in!
Top Picks for Oregon Coast RV Parks
The Oregon coast is where unspoiled beauty meets modern comforts, creating the perfect blend for camping enthusiasts. It is home to several world-class RV parks, each with unique charm. Whether you want an oceanfront camping experience or prefer the charm of lush forest parks, the Oregon coast has it all.
However, one of the most unique things about the Oregon coast is that you don’t have to choose between one or the other. There are plenty of RV parks that offer the best of both worlds. Regardless of what suits your camping style, the RV parks on the Oregon coast always guarantee a memorable camping experience that will stay with you forever.
In this section, I’ll present some of the best RV parks along the Oregon coast and share what makes each special. I’ll also give you some pro tips specific to each location to maximize your stay there. So, let’s get this RV on the road without further ado.
Cannon Beach RV Resort
Cannon Beach RV Resort offers freedom and tranquility with its vibrant flowers, lush greenery, and towering trees. It blends natural beauty with modern comforts to create an inviting atmosphere for all visitors.
The Indoor heated pool, hot tub, recreation room, and playground are just some of the many amenities this place offers. Whether seeking a cozy spot surrounded by lush greenery or an open space with a view, Cannon Beach RV Resort has exactly what you need.
One of the most unique and exciting things about Cannon Beach is the annual sandcastle contest in June. This event brings the entire area to life with activities like a parade, live music, and a beach bonfire. Hundreds of artists participate in the contest, crafting incredible works using only sand, water, and a handful of tools. It is a sight to behold and adds extra excitement to your stay at the resort.
When it comes to nearby attractions, Cannon Beach RV Resort is conveniently situated close to popular places such as Haystack Rock, Ecola State Park, and Cape Kiwanda. However, one place you simply can’t miss is the Tillamook Cheese Factory. This iconic attraction is a must-visit in Oregon. Explore their cheese-making process for free, taste various exquisite cheese varieties, and make lasting memories with family and friends.
Remember that the park is at its busiest during the annual sandcastle contest in June every year. If you want to witness this extraordinary event, arriving at the park at least two days in advance is best. This way, you can also enjoy the park’s tranquil atmosphere before it erupts with activity on the contest day.
Coos Bay RV Parks
Home to picturesque landscapes, charming coastal towns, and stunning beaches, Coos Bay is nothing short of a coastal sanctuary. It attracts thousands of camping enthusiasts annually with its diverse range of RV parks, all of which boast unique features.
However, some things you will find common among all RV parks in the Coos Bay area include the lush coastal forests, serene natural settings, and a wide range of modern amenities. These include full RV hookups, clean facilities, and cooperative and friendly staff. Below are some of the most popular RV Parks in the Coos Bay area.
- Sunset Bay State Park: Picture pristine sands, tranquil waters, and picturesque sunset views; therein lies the charm of Sunset Bay State Park. This beach is perfect for family picnics, beachcombing, and sunbathing. Moreover, as the name suggests, there is no place better than the Sunset Bay State Park in the entire Oregon coast area to witness the vibrant colors that paint the sky during sunset.
- Horsfall Beach: If you are an adventurer and seek a unique outdoor experience, head to Horsfall Beach. It is known for its expansive shoreline, rolling dunes, and plenty of activities to satisfy your adventurous soul, like sandboarding, ATV, and horseback riding.
- Snug Harbor RV Park: Distinguished by its serene and peaceful setting, Snug Harbor RV Park offers spacious and well-maintained camping sites with full hookups. Its modern facilities and tranquil coastal surroundings create the perfect coastal retreat for camping enthusiasts.
The Coos Bay area has many attractions, including state parks, museums, and recreational areas. Some popular attractions include Shore Acres State Park, Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, Coos Art Museum, and Charleston Marina.
When in the Coos Bay area, all the visitors want to check out the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, which makes it one of the busiest attractions on the Oregon Coast. If you plan on exploring this attraction, visit during off-peak hours. This way, you will be able to fully embrace the beauty of this place and engage in activities like sandboarding and hiking without having to deal with large crowds.
Newport Oregon RV Parks
Newport is another incredible Oregon coast location boasting various RV parks. Known for its captivating wilderness, tranquil charm, and rich maritime history, this vibrant town is the place for all camping enthusiasts and nature lovers.
It also offers many recreational opportunities, including water sports, beach exploration, hiking, whale watching, and much more. Even though each RV park in Newport, Oregon, boasts its own unique charm, here are some of the most popular selections that need to be on your list:
- Thousand Trails Whalers Rest: Situated in a peaceful forest setting, Thousand Trails Whalers Rest is one of the largest RV parks in the area and offers a wide range of amenities, including full hookups, a swimming pool, a hot tub, picnic areas, and a clubhouse. Plenty of options to keep you entertained include hiking trails, playgrounds, and sports courts.
- Port of Newport RV Park: Situated on the south jetty of Yaquina Bay, Port of Newport RV Park boasts sweeping views of the Pacific. With various RV sites, including pull-through sites and back-in sites, this RV park is ideal for inexperienced and new campers still determining what kind of camping site would work for them. The Park also has a marina where you can find a variety of watercraft rentals.
- South Beach State Park: Managed by the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department, South Beach State Park offers beach access, oceanfront camping sites, hiking trails, and a wide range of recreational activities, including fishing and crabbing. You’ll find it on a beautiful beach with plenty of tide pools which can be excellent sources of entertainment and learning for kids as they tend to be home to a wide variety of marine life, including sea stars, anemones, crabs, and fish.
However, there is nothing quite like the Oregon Coast Aquarium. This renowned facility provides an immersive and educational experience for kids and adults alike. It showcases the unique charm and beauty of the marine ecosystem and promises an adventure-filled day to all its visitors.
Newport is one of the most popular places on the Oregon coast, and it gets overrun by campers during peak season. If you want to ensure a smooth experience, reserve an RV site in advance. This way, you will have a guaranteed spot at your favorite RV park during the busiest time of the year.
Practical Tips for RV Life on the Oregon Coast
Here are a few tips that will ensure a perfect trip to the Organ coast:
- Choose the right time to visit: The Oregon coast attracts tourists, campers, and adventurers annually. However, summer is generally the most ideal time to visit. This is the busiest time of the year on the Oregon coast. So, to avoid the crowd, consider visiting during the shoulder seasons or fall.
- Pack coastal camping essentials: When traveling to a new place, it is best not to leave anything to chance. So, stock up on all your essential supplies before your trip. Some coastal camping essentials include sun protection, bug repellent, reusable water bottles, reliable lighting, and a first aid kit.
- Prepare for changing weather conditions: Remember that the weather along the coast will be unpredictable. So you must pack clothing accordingly. Pack for various weather conditions; pack a waterproof jacket, a warm sweater for chilly nights, comfortable walking shoes, bathing suits, and summer clothes for when the sun is out.
We took a deep dive into the ocean of adventure that the Oregon coast is and came out the other side with a newfound wisdom. We have unlocked the secrets to making the most of our camping trip to the Oregon coast, knowing exactly which RV parks to camp at and which captivating attractions to explore. With that, nothing is left to do but buckle up and prepare to embark on a camping journey you will remember for the rest of your life. Happy camping!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the top-rated Oregon coast RV parks?
Some of the most highly rated RV parks on the Oregon coast include Cannon Beach RV Resort, Pacific Shores Motorcoach Resort, Port of Newport RV Park, and Thousand Trails Whalers Rest.
What amenities do Oregon coast RV parks typically offer?
Most RV parks on the Oregon coast offer a range of amenities to enhance the camping experience. Some common amenities include full or partial RV hook-ups, picnic tables, fire pits or grills, restroom and shower facilities, laundry facilities, Wi-Fi access, and recreational facilities like swimming pools, playgrounds, and sports courts.
How much does staying at an RV park on the Oregon coast cost?
The cost to stay at an RV park on the Oregon coast can vary depending on factors like amenities, time of the year, and length of stay. However, on average, RV parks cost between $30 to $60 per night.
Are there any pet-friendly RV parks on the Oregon coast?
Pet policies can vary from park to park. However, there are plenty of pet-friendly RV parks on the Oregon Coast. Some parks have designated pet areas or walking trails, while others limit the number or size of pets allowed.